This morning, AT&T went ahead and unwrapped the newest version of their exclusive Active line, also known this year as the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active. The phone, as you should have expected, assuming you have any knowledge of previous models, is a lot like the standard Galaxy S7 only it has been toughened up to be able to withstand the elements.
With the Galaxy S7 Active, you are looking at a phone with a 5.1-inch Quad HD “shatter resistant” screen, Snapdragon 820 processor, 4GB RAM, rear 12MP Dual Pixel camera, front 5MP camera, 32GB storage with microSD support, and a whopping 4000mAh battery. It also has IP68 resistant to water and dust, Military Grade Body (MIL STD-810G), a customizable Active button (like previous Active phones), fingerprint reader, and access to Samsung Pay.
Of course, the exterior is quite different from the original S7, but does look like a typical Active device. There are camo backs, “military grade” protection running around its outside (with temperature resistance too), a bumper-like system at all corners for absorbing impact during drops, and three physical buttons along the button, instead of the mixture of capacitive and physical like on the S7.
The Galaxy S7 Active arrives on June 10 in stores and online and can be had for as little as $26.50 per month with AT&T Next (30 payments) or $33.13 per month with AT&T Next Every Year (24 payments).
- OS Android M (6.0.1)
- CHIPSET Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 (MSM8996) Quad cores: 2 at 2.15 GHz and 2 at 1.6 GHz
- DIMENSIONS 148.8 X 75.0 X 9.9 mm
- Weight: 185g
- DISPLAY 5.1” , Quad-HD (2560 x 1440 pixels)
- Shatter Resistant
- RAM 4GB
- STORAGE 32GB, microSD up to 200GB
- CAMERA Rear: 12MP Dual-Pixel with LED Flash, AF, F/1.7
- Front: 5MP with Selfie-flash, F/1.7
- BATTERY 4000 mAh
- Adaptive Fast Charging, Wireless Charging
- WATER/DUST RESISTANT IP68
- OTHER Military Grade Body (MIL STD-810G), Customizable Active Key, Shatter Resistant Screen
- CONNECTIVITY NFC, MST – Samsung Pay, FM Tuner
- Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/r 2.4GHz, 5GHz
- Bluetooth v4.2
- Micro USB (USB 2.0), 3.5mm Headset Jack
- SENSORS Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro, Geomagnetic, HR, Proximity, RGB, Fingerprint
- GPS, aGPS w/ SUPL, GLONASS
- BANDS LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, and 41
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G-UMTS 850/900/1900/2100MHz